LNH: LNH Comics Presents #508 - Introducing Lord New Hamphire

Phantasm phantom_belcher at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 04:15:25 PDT 2011

On Aug 21, 11:37 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 8/20/11 3:26 AM, Martin Phipps wrote:
>
> > London, July 13th, 1776
>
> >    Word had gotten to King Charles III that the colonialists in America
> > had declared independence.  This could not do.  He summoned me and
> > twelve of my closest friends to his presence.
>
> I take it King George III has been retconned out of existence....
>
> Arthur "Or is he now the king of Spain?" Spitzer

Quite possibly in the Looniverse, the insurrection which led to
Catholics being banned from the English Crown was never successful,
Although wouldn't Charles III be "Bonny Prince Charlie", son of James
II, (who fought against Queen Anne) rather than the counterpart of
third of the Hanoverian dynasty, who came along almost a century
later?

Or was this just an oops?