HCC: HCC #22: Someone Else's Characters

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Thu Aug 18 18:30:58 PDT 2011

On 7/28/2011 7:00 PM, Scott Eiler wrote:

> Unless anyone asks for an extension, I'm going to close the contest and
> open the voting on Monday 25 August 2011, at 5 pm U.S. Pacific Daylight
> time. That's three weeks and four weekends for writing.

I see there is no such thing as Monday 25 August 2011.  The most obvious
substitutes are Monday the 22nd and Thursday the 25th.  I'd meant
Monday, but...

> This may seem
> long, but we'll probably need extra time for researching characters.
> I'll close the polls a week later.

As of this writing, I see one post eligible for voting in this challenge
(Team Xero #11).  I know you're all going to spend this weekend writing
so we can have more than one thing to vote for, but I'm going to plan on
closing the contest at 5 pm U.S. Pacific time Thursday the 25th.  Update
next week, as conditions change.

Turns out I'm an anally-fixated oedipal paranoid with
south-of-the-border schizophrenic delusions...  But never mind, I've
found me the ideal job.  I'm going to run for President!

- Major Honey, scripted by Grant Morrison, Doom Patrol #46, August 1991.