SW10/HCC: Time of the Crossovers #1: The Coming of the Super-Mage

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:52:15 PDT 2011

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 01:01:24 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> On 8/8/2011 7:06 PM, Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> He seems sort of like someone with
>> supervillain-ish extremist motives who happens to fall into a hero slot
>> more out of circumstance than anything.
>
> He started out in non-Marvel adventures as a sort of paranoid
> survivalist genius.  It didn't take him long before he had to start
> blurring the definition of the hero slot.

Paranoid survivalist genius + Docrates-level powers.  Yep, definitely
interesting.

>> Oho.  Haven't heard of the latter guy.  Is he the same one from "A Date
>> With The Darkness"?
>
> He's the one from the end of that story, not the one who went on the
> Misery Date.

The end?  Hmmmm, I don't see anything like that in the version posted
here... ahhhh, it's in Wyatt's notes on the web site version.

(Heh. Magic checksums. <3)

>>> The evil mages of Earth notice new magic power in their sky and on their
>>> planet.  The source has disappeared, but the residual power remains.
>>> They start to gather it.
>>
>> There's always a cost.  Awesome.
>
> Hmm.  I'd intended all that power to be leakage from the Super Wizard
> from Space.  The crumbs of his power are like a feast for the mages of
> SW10.  But with power levels that high, there's bound to be some
> splatter from Ultimate Darkness as well.  I've already established that
> it's dangerous when little bits of it get isolated.  Now, what happens
> when a giant energy gong has a chance to ring there?  I hadn't given it
> a lot of thought, but Our Heroes probably weren't expecting the Super
> Wizard to just disappear into Darkness.

I figured it was just the power of Ultimate Darkness that was drawn out to
ring the gong.

>> I'm wondering if these are things the Super Wizard has yet to learn, or if
>> he even could...
>
> He's already altruistic enough to fight for the little fishies.  The
> main thing he might need to learn is how to defend instead of fight.

Ah, but was he fighting *for* the fishies or *against* Rex?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, or for an abstract ideal of justice?