SW10/HCC/META/PRECOG: Reposts

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Apr 29 20:59:44 PDT 2011

After reviews from RACC (thank you), I will have rewrites ready for "Britannia
Beach" and "The Satanists With The Silver Skull Machine" ready to post to RACC
tomorrow.  Those are episodic stories, and the latter is eligible for the
current High Concept Challenge.

These are *not* story inserts.  I splattered a certain new story element
throughout both those episodes.  I also took advantage of the rewrite to respond
to other review comments.

This stuff is *already* available via story links at
http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2011/ .  You can read them there right now.
Should I even repost them in RACC?

If I do repost, is the tag "REPOST" appropriate, or is there a "REWRITE" tag?

In the repost, should I try to insult your intelligence by saying what's new and
what's not throughout the story?  Like, with a note saying, "--- Exit Plot
Element ---" shortly after the plot element is forcibly removed?

My change notes are not published.  (They're all in my mind right now.)  If I
*were* to repost in RACC, I'd have some Author Notes up front, to describe the
changes.  (That's part of why a repost will have to wait, even though the
story's out there now.)

Of course, in the High Concept Challenge you will vote for what you will.  8{D>

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.