SW10/HCC: April 2011 #2: The Satanists with the Silver Skull Machine

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 00:09:10 PDT 2011

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 04:57:44 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> Well, that's where the Engines of Reality come in, don't they?  It's their
>> power that opens/closes the gate, and once they're gone...
>
> Depends whether the Victorians have a real world or not, huh?  It might have
> been wished into existence in place of our Earth...  But thanks for making me
> think of that.

Well, this is only if you want them to.  But yeah!  Don't mention it.

>> Innnnnnnnteresting.  I like it; just be careful that you don't
>> oversimplify.
>
> I may not yet have properly conveyed the full implications of "Twilight of the
> Superhuman World".  When I simplify *this* plot line to its logical extreme, the
> world will have nothing left.  It's headed toward
> http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2009/beyond.htm , and I've taken several public
> vows not to stop it...  Now *that's* deconstruction.

Yet again I say, innnnnnnteresting.  You'd mentioned this, but I hadn't
gone back and looked at the stories.  There's several ways this could go;
hopefully, you find the ones that don't turn the next eleven or twelve
years into a slog.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, Sailor Moon says.