[MV] The Super Wizard From Space #6

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Apr 26 19:49:47 PDT 2011

Wil Alambre wrote:

>  From a hidden orbit on the exact opposite side of the planet, a
> spy peered over the horizon and observed it's target depart.
> Moving deeper into the relative safety of the world's umbra, the
> operative began a complicated eight-figure dance, transmitting to
> it's fellow drones that their prey was on the way.

I keep forgetting to point out the difference between "it is" and "what it has".
  The difference between "it's" and "its", that is.  Example:

I liked the way space screamed when the Super Wizard from Space had his way with
its aperture.  It's so very much like him.

> AUTHOR'S NOTES
>
> It's an octopus from space that's a cowboy. Come on, that's
> hilarious!

And he's not just a cephalopod, he's Cephalo Pete!

> For those paying attention, this is my entry for the nineteenth
> high-concept challenge, except it's not really an entry as I can't
> submit an entry for a challenge I initiated. I guess it's a demo?

And it told the secret of the Silver Skull Machine, so it met your challenge.

Still just waiting for more.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.