SW10: Superhuman World 2010: The Sunset Door: Artwork

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Apr 26 17:46:19 PDT 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 00:45:51 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
>> At first I looked for online images of "sunset" and "open door".  But I gave up
>> and fell back upon my own resources, because I can take pictures of those things
>> *almost* as well as anyone else.
>> (http://www.eilertech.com/photos/indiana/sunset.jpg)
>
> Well-done!

Thanks.

>> This is the first portrait of Kristi the Animal Woman.  She looks a lot like
>> anyone, when she's come to dinner.  So does Wyatt; he's even taken his hat off
>> for once.  But he's increasingly old and wise.  After what he went through
>> beyond that door, even if he's given up any power he got there, he's the
>> functional equivalent of Gandalf.  Hmm...
>
> Innnnnnnnnteresting.  I think there's detail here that hasn't been told.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, poke poke

Careful, you might loosen a plot element if you poke too hard...

I neglected to mention when you were asking about challenges, there's still a
Black Mage contest coming up this year.  They're probably coming up with ritual
sacrifices right now.  And it probably got their attention that Wyatt Ferguson
organized a cabal and sacrificed roughly the power of Yahweh.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.