SW10/HCC: April 2011 #2: The Satanists with the Silver Skull Machine

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 03:46:23 PDT 2011

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 02:18:44 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> What the-- oh, right, Richard's daughter.  For a moment there, I thought
>> Wyatt's daughter from the future had popped in for a cameo, Rachel
>> Summers-style.
>
> Heh.  Wyatt's *what* from the future?

Yes, well, good point, but...

> Perhaps it's confusing to have someone else narrating, even with Wyatt around.
> But I think it's a good habit for us all to get into.

Agreed!

>> It's about here that I realize the Victorian-ization was just a device to
>> get Adu into the story.
>
> Not exactly.  With a name like Britannia Beach, how could I *not* have
> Victorians?  Adu came in after that concept.  But he definitely added some
> dynamic tension to it.

Ahhhhhh.  ...yeah, it didn't really have any consequence beyond that
element.

>> ...so, did they just destroy the Engines of Reality, or...?
>
> Why, yes they did!  Or at any rate, I won't be using them as a cop-out plot
> device to save the Superhuman World.

Ah, okay!  I thought I misunderstood.

> I suppose that power must even now have reverted to whatever issued it.  Which
> could be a problem in future... but one problem at a time.

So are there going to be any more of those challenges?

> Today I read how the Avengers dealt with a very similar issue.  I am now really,
> really proud I ended my story the way I did.

Oh, my.  Not sure I want to ask...

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, smells good today.