SW10: Superhuman World 2010: The Sunset Door: Artwork

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Apr 24 17:45:51 PDT 2011

Three nights to a weekend.  Three new covers.  Coincidence?  Not this time.

http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/sunsetdoor.jpg has the latest cover, for
The Sunset Door.  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/ and its subordinate
story page incorporate it.

At first I looked for online images of "sunset" and "open door".  But I gave up
and fell back upon my own resources, because I can take pictures of those things
*almost* as well as anyone else.
(http://www.eilertech.com/photos/indiana/sunset.jpg)

This is the first portrait of Kristi the Animal Woman.  She looks a lot like
anyone, when she's come to dinner.  So does Wyatt; he's even taken his hat off
for once.  But he's increasingly old and wise.  After what he went through
beyond that door, even if he's given up any power he got there, he's the
functional equivalent of Gandalf.  Hmm...

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.