SW10/HCC: April 2011 #2: The Satanists with the Silver Skull Machine

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:54:16 PDT 2011

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:46:04 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> "Well then... Heart!"  Iain Fate tried to overwhelm us with the knowledge of
> world disasters.
>
> But this one was for my friend Terri.  She cared about them all!

By your powers combined...

> "Hey, that's *me* you're talking about!"  My daughter Jen was in this challenge
> with me!  "I'm not giving up either!  Humanity's had famine years and plague
> years before!  We survived!"

What the-- oh, right, Richard's daughter.  For a moment there, I thought
Wyatt's daughter from the future had popped in for a cameo, Rachel
Summers-style.

> "Well then."  Wyatt sat down cross-legged, arms crossed.  The cathedral
> disappeared.  We were back in the storefront.  "Done."

It's about here that I realize the Victorian-ization was just a device to
get Adu into the story.

> "Do it."  "Turn it off."  "I agree." "Yes." "Yep."  "Do it now."
>
> "... Done."  Wyatt sagged.  "Well, that's a relief.

...so, did they just destroy the Engines of Reality, or...?

> *  Wenchy the Witch:  She's actually a long-time character.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/wave4.htm)  There's a real Wenchy, who lives
> in Canada and worships in the Wiccan style.  So when Adu needed a magic
> consultant, she earned a place in the story too.  (24 Mar)

Ahhhhh, I see!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, neat.