SW10: April 2011 #1: Britannia Beach

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:23:40 PDT 2011

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:44:16 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> There's still a storefront community church in Britannia Beach, founded when the
> resort was moving in.  I go there.  I sing on a worship team with Terri.  Jane
> plays piano.  But the church is dying.  Most everyone goes 10 km up the road to
> Squamish.  It would be nice if a town with a grand name like Britannia Beach
> could be grander than this.  I think Terri and Jane would like that even more.

This is a nice setup; brings forth a distinct mood.

> Wyatt and Jen and I were in the same congregation just before our pastor was
> held prisoner during the Secret Wings controversy.  Wyatt had moved away, but he
> still helped our pastor's wife rescue him.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2007/secretwings.htm)

Woohoo!  Inline links!

> But I had to stay in the fight, because I'm the only
> person *anywhere* these power objects cannot affect.
> (http://www.eilertech.com/stories/1988/me2.htm#sevenways)

My goodness.  I know you said you had a Mary Sue phase, but I didn't really
believe it...

> Wyatt sat down.  He bowed his head and crossed his arms, with fists clenched.
>
> Terri put her hand on his shoulder.  He looked up and said, "Do you have a tissue?"
>
> Jen handed him one.  He blew his nose.  He held out his hand for more tissues,
> twice.  He wiped his eyes and blew his nose again...

...because you've gotten so obviously better.

> "Wyatt, if you have all that power, why haven't
> you just done that?  Saved the Earth?"
>
> "Oh, please.  That's what Ellipsis would do.  I'd like a second opinion."

Heh heh heh.

> "Wyatt.  I introduce my companion.  Wenchy the Witch.

...really? XD

Moving on to the next chapter!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, how serial!