SW10: December 2010 #7: Cauldron Book II Part 7 (of 7)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:04:32 PDT 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 02:23:55 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

Grah.  Taking forever on the RACCies.  I'll reply to this, then do the big
review later, then do the Bart Age review after that...

> "I am confident that the people of Earth united under one great man can work
> together for this. I also know of certain mystic artifacts which periodically
> surface on our planet, and certain mystic challenges that control the fate of
> Earth. Those will both happen next year. When the right man controls these, they
> will focus the power of God Himself to solve our problems."
>
> "So you *just* want to win *both* a Black Mage Contest and a DuoPolarity
> Challenge, *keep* the Engines of Reality somehow, and rule the world."

You know, when you can't even complete step *one* of your absurdly
complicated plan to rule the world...

> But I did hear Mel say, "Toe time." He took off his left boot and his sock.
> Something started growing out of his little toe. Eww!

Heh heh heh.

> But something invisible was shoving through the bus ahead of it! I could hear it
> walking - and banging into tables. Oooh, super ninja at last - only awfully big,
> and not so ninja. And he was stuck in here with us! If I could only *get up*, I
> could maybe win this fight right then!

...by the way, you explained who this was, but not *why*; why invisible,
why banging about.

> I got this thought in my head: What am I doing? This could be a great man!...
> Like hell. Was *that* all the mind control this great man had for me? Maybe he
> was a mind reader, maybe not, but he could see my face. It must have been pretty
> obvious what I was still thinking.

Weak!  Next time try something that doesn't scream "HAY I AM IN UR HEAD".

> We broke open our tequila
> stash, turned on the blender, and declared Margarita Night. The militias brought
> the juice. I think we were using rhubarb juice instead of lime juice, but no one
> cared.

This is a great detail.

Fair enough. @. at v A black box never boils.

> "You're welcome... Oh, dammit. I feel like there's so much more I could ask. But
> I can't think of it now. Just... Cheers!"

Excellent attempt at explaining everything you can think of.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, a bat'leth fight?