SW10: December 2010 #6: Cauldron Book II Part 6 (of 7)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:32:56 PDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 02:11:36 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Andrew Perron wrote:

<snip>
>> My, but I've been tardy in replying to stuff.  Time to get on it!
>
> I'm not helping, am I.  I bet you spent two weekends not reading... while I
> posted four episodes.  I might soon have to spend time on my blog instead; I
> haven't written an episode *there* since January.

More like I spent one weekend not reading, you posted two, I read one and
commented, commented on other stuff, and then you posted two more. @.@

>>> Norma told the rest of us, "Body Up was founded when evil men used mind
>>> power to control women.
>>
>> ...I know what she means, but that's an oddly simplistic way of putting it.
>
> Norma made it simple on purpose.  Really, it was an evil *monkey* from another
> universe.  http://www.eilertech.com/stories/femforce.htm

That's not quite what I mean - more like, it's the kind of phrasing you'd
use with a kindergartener.

>> Huh.  I didn't think belief itself would protect one, so much as being hard
>> to hypnotize due to general mental strength.
>
> Without quibbling over the specifics of magic vs. hypnotism and which one Vince
> practices... I think Summer qualifies either way.

On that much I would agree!

>> Wait.  I-- I thought they already knew they still had powers?  I'm a bit
>> confused.
>
> That's purely my fault.  I should have started that "doubt" plot element more
> blatantly during the previous two episodes.  But I figured those episodes mostly
> left Summer's team untested, while the guys with the sonic cannon and the magic
> golems carried the battle.  That might have enhanced Summer's doubts right there.

Huh.  Yeah, see, I didn't even realize there was anything to enhance.

>>> The man came back on the balcony. He pushed something aside and forward in the
>>> air, maybe moving his force field. Then he gestured and spoke louder: "Nooon!"
>>
>> ...I'm confused.
>
> If I hadn't put in the man's outrageous accent, you and Summer would have
> understood him better.  As for the rest, the confusion was intentional.

Noon?  Noon? @.@ I think this goes beyond "outrageous accent" and into "I
have no idea what these words are trying to communicate".

> Speaking of which, a certain woman I know is taking up comic books!  Someone
> gave her a stack.  I saw among these the first X-Men vs. Dracula story, plus the
> first appearance of Doomsday vs. Superman.  I said, "These could be valuable."
> She correctly responded, "Well, I'll let my son read them, then I'll sell them
> later."

Indeed. (And the latter is almost certainly not valuable, since it was
supposed to be.)

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, the former, somebody else probably
knows...