[META] General question about ereaders

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 09:58:30 PDT 2011

Saxon Brenton wrote:
> My sister gave me a Kobo reader for my birthday last year.  While I
> prefer hardcopy books, she made the excellent point that given how much
> I read combined with the comparatively small size of the unit I live in,
> it would save space.  The start off present included a random collection
> of classics which were available for free, plus for Christmas she
> downloaded what looked like every single Dr Who book ever published up
> to that point, plus I've grabbed a number of role-playing game supplements,
> etc.

I basically do that same thing. With the number of books I collect and
read, my poor bachelor suite apartment would be floor-to-ceiling in
paperback in no time. My iPad has provided an easy way to have a small
library handy without having to shell out for more damn bookshelves :P

Last night, the idea of ebooks rattled in my head enough that I started
playing with the idea. I used the existing posts of my Super Wizard
series as a test, trying to see how easy it would be... came out
semi-successfully, turns out. I also played around in Photoshop, wanting
to make a cover.

Here's a quite blog post about my endeavors. Sorry, no ebook download
links, just some mock-up covers. :P

http://wil.alambre.ca/racc/about/read/182

Wil Alambre, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wilalambre