[META] General question about ereaders

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:20:27 PDT 2011

Wil Alambre wrote:
> Just a general question about ereaders: how many people here use them?
> Not necessarily for RACC but in general, for magazine, newspaper, book
> reading? The iPad, the Kobo, the Kindle, the Nook, etc, and one of them.
> I myself have an iPad and I regularly read epub format books through
> iBooks.

My sister gave me a Kobo reader for my birthday last year.  While I
prefer hardcopy books, she made the excellent point that given how much
I read combined with the comparatively small size of the unit I live in,
it would save space.  The start off present included a random collection
of classics which were available for free, plus for Christmas she
downloaded what looked like every single Dr Who book ever published up
to that point, plus I've grabbed a number of role-playing game supplements,
etc.

Overall it looks like I am using my e-reader the same way I use a hardcopy
library book: I'll read it, and if it's a book that really interests me
I'll go and buy my own hardcopy, but otherwise there's not much point in
keeping a space-consuming copy of my own.

---
Saxon Brenton