ASH: Coherent Super Stories #27 - Secret of the Silver Skull

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:07:06 PDT 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:48:08 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:

>      On the other hand, the distinctive beaklike structure is strongly
> evocative of the Protoceratops (native to the Gobi desert area) minus the
> frill, and despite some indications that it is not fully fossilized, the bone
> does contain more elemental calcium than it should, leading to the silvery
> sheen that has caused it to be nicknamed "The Silver Skull".

An interesting detail.  ...I'm imagining some psychopathic Santari's
version of The Most Dangerous Game, where he has all sorts of items made of
Pranir skeletons in his house. *shudder*

>      A growing minority opinion holds that the skull belonged to a member of
> a humanoid dinosaurian race, possibly from an alternate reality in which K-T
> extinction never happened.  A decade ago, such speculation would have been
> dismissed out of hand, but the existence of alternate realities can no longer
> be ignored in light of the "Dimension Z" invasion attempt.  Unfortunately,
> with Violation Physics being such a young science, there are currently no
> experts in that field with any significant background in comparative anatomy
> or paleontology available to address this mystery.

It's interesting how quickly things become normal.

>      Carla Bankert of Grand Rapids, MI, was visiting the museum with her
> grandchildren and found the skull looked familiar.  Mrs. Bankert was present
> at the January 1973 encounter with the alien Pranir race, and while she only
> had a brief look at their true forms, it left a deep impression on her.

A perfect mini-twist.

>      The infamous "Silver Skull" that has been part of the Yale Peabody
> Museum collection off and on since 1979 has finally been repatriated with the
> kin of its original owner, a Pranir with the "starname" of
> Opens-New-Markets, who allegedly met with an accidental demise while
> exploring in Egypt.

Ah, I wondered if we'd ever hear from him again after the Grand Rapids scam
went down the tubes.

> How kind
> of nature to generate proper DNA out of the primordial ooze of so many
> planets, it made his experiments so much more fruitful!

Seriously!  You'd think it'd at least have arsenic in it.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, not that that'd mess up the coding, I
suppose...