SW10: December 2010 #6: Cauldron Book II Part 6 (of 7)

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:02:22 PDT 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 02:17:55 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Body Up
> Operations Report
> Saturday, December 11, 2010

My, but I've been tardy in replying to stuff.  Time to get on it!

> Norma told the rest of us, "Body Up was founded when evil men used mind
> power to control women.

...I know what she means, but that's an oddly simplistic way of putting it.

> I raised my hand. "I don't believe in hypnotism. Is that going to stop me
> getting hypnotized?"
>
> Vince said, "It means I may not help you as much as I could. But it's probably
> good for you, because it means you resist mind control anyway."

Huh.  I didn't think belief itself would protect one, so much as being hard
to hypnotize due to general mental strength.

> Then there was a bullet hole through the passenger door window! We ducked. Mel
> said, "Saved five golems just for now..."

A whole foot, then!

> ... Hey, wait! I hadn't been thinking! I didn't necessarily *have* the power. I
> just used it anyway! If I could, so could my team!

Wait.  I-- I thought they already knew they still had powers?  I'm a bit
confused.

> The man came back on the balcony. He pushed something aside and forward in the
> air, maybe moving his force field. Then he gestured and spoke louder: "Nooon!"

...I'm confused.

> I yelled, "Spring! Liz! Invisible mind attack *and* incoming! No one can... "
> Oh, damn, I forgot the mystic phrase. "No one can tell you what to do! No one
> can tell you what to do!"

Very good flustering!

> To a very real extent, I let the characters decide what was right to do. Thank
> you for not impaling my story brother, Story Summer!

Heeheehee.

Overall, chaotic, but that's to be expected of an episode of action leading
up to the climactic final issue.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, busy busy...