ASH: Coherent Super Stories #27 - Secret of the Silver Skull

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:03:33 PDT 2011

Dave Van Domelen wrote:
> Author's Notes:
>
>       This was written for HCC #19, but when I went to look up the exact
> wording of the challenge for these end notes, I discovered I'd forgotten a
> fairly important part of the title: "WHAT IS THE SECRET OF THE SILVER SKULL
> MACHINE?"  Yeah, as you may have noticed, there's no machine here, just a
> silver skull.  I considered reworking the story to make it better fit the
> challenge, but in the end decided against it.  I'll leave it up to Wil
> whether to include it in the voting (assuming I don't come up with another
> story that better fits the challenge before the deadline).

If you think about it, you do wrap up with Zugmann making a connection
between the dead alien and it's buried ship. So technically we can say
it fits... as the secret of the silver skull'S machine. That being said,
I wouldn't mind another story. I am enjoying the different
interpretations of challenge phrase :P

- Wil