StarFall: Silver Arrow #6: Trapped!

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Apr 8 18:11:15 PDT 2011

Andrew Perron wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:39:57 +0000 (UTC), Phantasm wrote:
>
>>> ...hmmmm, interesting.  So this, essentially, means Silver Arrow *does*
>>> have some form of powers.
>> o/` Not sayin' a word o/`  Let's just say, as he's shooting arrows
>> with some very non-aerodynamic heads - you *did* catch my description
>> of the bolas arrowhead in #1, right? - with pinpoint accuracy, there's
>> a little bit more than just skill at work, even if he doesn't realize
>> it.
>
> Ah, excellent.  What was thought to be plot contrivance turns out to be
> plot point!

Heh.  I figured Silver Arrow was about to *get* telekinesis powers from a drug
injection or something.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.