LNH/REVIEW: The Tribulations of Kid Review #6

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Wed Apr 6 18:45:09 PDT 2011

Saxon Brenton wrote:
> On Tues 5/April/2011 Andrew Perron (pwerdna at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> "I have a theory that a big reason RACC is still going strong is because
>> of EoMR.  Note that the year before it started, 2003, had some of the
>> lowest posting numbers in the group's history; things started improving
>> in the latter half of 2004, and April 2006 was the highest month since
>> February 1998.  Feedback improves communities."

On that note, feedback improves my writing too.  I always knew in theory that I
should follow the traditional story-telling rules, but I've always liked reading
that dry plot-summary stuff you see in my stories.  Now that I'm actually
writing for other people, I'm finally cutting down on that stuff.

>> "Never... do... another... meta-review." He fell over.

I was wondering how much power Kid Review would harness by reviewing a review of
a review.  Imagine if that power could be harnessed for good...

> I shall take this as sage advice and try to heed it.

Someone mentioned add-ons.  Let's just shut down that possibility before I have
to send Psychovant the Duck in.

Only their myths concerned peace and contentment, and that in such a
coercive, sullen package it was obvious that the Earth humans resented
the very idea.

- from "Passing" by Elaine Radford, Aboriginal SF, May/June 1987.