[8Fold/Contest] Journal Into... #14 : All Us Zombies (HC13)

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 22:54:51 PDT 2010

On Mon 27 Sep 2010 Andrew Perron replied:
>> Massive sub-sonic force penetrated the force field and shook the
>> diabolical Professor Longitude like a rattle. He barely had enough
>> time to adjust the inertial dampeners to compensate. Still, he had
>> remained standing in the face of his enemy.
>
> Ooooh, nice way of getting around a forcefield.

If sound waves can get through then sonic shockwaves should too.
Actually that's true for light and light-based lasers as well. I
suppose it's just a case of rigging the battle-conditions equivalent
of light and sound filters.

>> wouldn't be budged by anything short of the space-time shredder...
>> Ooo, now there was an idea.
>
> Stealing technology from the hamsters, eh? Tsk tsk.

{blinks} My goodness, you're right. I hadn't made the connection with
the temporal shredder in _Time Capsules_ #12. At that point in the
story I knew I wanted a confrontation, and I just threw in various
ideas of technobable mad science weapons off the top of my head. It
seems that memes about spacial and temporal shredding are filed under
'neat stuff' somewhere in my headspace. (This is obviously something
that the characters over in _Limp-Asparagus Lad_ will try to mock me
for.)

>> "And you know, *Dad*," he said, making that last word a thing of
>> scorn,
>
> That seems more casual than he's been so far.

True. And for the life of me I'm still not sure if that's a mistake
on my part or whether it should be kept as an indication that Doctor
isn't necessarily proficient at this 'pretending to be self-willed
with a real personality' schtick.

---
Saxon Brenton
Daleks not only don't have noses, they don't a sense of humour.
So if you trap one in a Monthy Python skit they will predictably
self-destruct in confusion and fear.