ASH: ASH #109 - The Office Part 3: TGIF

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sun Oct 31 09:20:23 PDT 2010

In article <2qk7mps3vco$.gwd4uwqhqzk.dlg at 40tude.net>,
Andrew Perron  <pwerdna at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:48:30 +0000 (UTC), Dave Van Domelen wrote:
>>      Meteor shivered a little, and Solar Max recognized that look.  The
>> Office reminded her of her parents, emotionally distant "wage slaves" who had
>> put in ten hour days at the office not because they had to, but because it
>> was their way of hiding from the horror of 1998.  A lot of people who
>> survived had just buried themselves in work, using the excuse that the nation
>> needed everyone to pitch in if things were going to avoid collapse, but
>> really just trying to shut out the voices that told them that the world had
>> already ended and they had been abandoned by God.
>
>Interesting.  Have we seen this before?

     It was touched on first in ASH #2, second-to-last scene.

>>      "But none of this is a matter for us, at least not at the moment," Solar
>> Max told the various people, teleconference screens and mystically animated
>> portraits in the room.  "And I'm perfectly happy to let someone else take
>> care of the paperwork this time."
>
>Huh.  Not how I expected this arc to end.

     You expected a story about the Office to not end in shuffling paperwork
off on someone else?  For shame.  ;)

     Dave Van Domelen, discovered he has over sixty MST3K eps on tape that
aren't out on DVD...good thing he bought that 100-DVD+R spindle on sale
yesterday.