SW10: September 2010 #1: The Sinking, Part 2

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 12:46:13 PDT 2010

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 23:48:07 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Before Nell, there was a young woman named Kristi. She made me swear
> never to call her the Whale Girl. I myself brought her back from the
> future. Her future was the end of the world by a plague of cold.

...as in temperature, or as in the common cold?

> Since our Earth's orbit changed, much of U.S. national security has
> depended on a calm population. This was initially delivered by the
> "Emperor Ted" with alien armor. But the effects of this armor have
> been wearing off since February of this year.

Wait what?

> If Ellipsis really was propping up the national security, it must have
> been reluctantly. He used to sponsor independence movements in
> Greenland, Keewatin, the Aleutian Islands, and everywhere else he
> could get away with. In Patagonia this backfired.

Hmmmmmm.  Blackmail or just desperate times?

> We don't know yet if President Obama will send troops to put down
> unrest among American citizens. Not even Vice-President Corrigan can
> predict that. Obama came to power as an independent, and had to make
> deals left and right. Hillary Clinton became Secretary of State, and
> John McCain for Homeland Security. McCain's ready to send the National
> Guard to domestic terror sites, but there's some popular outcry, and
> Obama's being noncommittal.

Innnnnnnnteresting.  I like it!

> One day after the Alaska sinking, a bomb went off at a construction
> site in Colorado Springs. An e-mailed statement said they weren't
> bombing finished buildings, because only terrorists do that, but there
> should be no construction other than survival.

Oh well of course that what the hell. >:/

> "Terror" and "Resistance" are both wrong words. But we've now seen the
> new stupidity in the face of extinction. If this goes on, we all will
> sink.
>
> ... Shit. Shit indeed.

Strong ending.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, wishing we had a hope in hell of an
independent candidate making president.