META: Raccowrimo

Wil Alambre wilalambre at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:32:09 PDT 2010

An idea struck me this week as I realized that NaNoWriMo was just around the corner. Though I was interested in participating in it, like last year I failed to get my act together in terms of plotting and planning. Some of the lost time has been going into re-thinking and re-designing my RACC site, and that's when the two thoughts kind of crossed their streams.

How many RACCateers are interested in a sort of NaNoWriMo challenge? A full thirty-issue series over the course of November, an issue posted to the newsgroup a day. I propose using the imprint WRIMO with these, which like ACRA and HCC, would be attached to the title's normal imprint.

It could be an original series or a thirty issue stretch through an existing series. It could be an epic thirty-issue arc or a series of shorter stories. Each issue can be a thousand words or a three line haiku. It can be fantastically polished prose or rough banged-out draft. The rules are fairly flexible, but I'm opening this idea up to other RACC authors for feedback.
I have an idea that, given what's left of October and some motivations, I could make into a roughly-written short series. Anyone interested? :)

- Wil Alambre
http://wil.alambre.ca/blog/read/157