[LNH] [META] Introduction to the LNH?

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:40:44 PDT 2010

On Weds 6 October 2010 Andrew Perron [pwerdna at gmail.com] did cruel
things to electrons with a particle accelerator until they agreed to
carry the message:
> So, I've been thinking.  As we all know, big, long-established
> universes are hard to get into, due to their large and varied
> backstory.  Therefore, I've decided that the LNH could use a "first
> stop" for newbies; an entertaining one-shot that gives a reader
> all the background data they need to know to read and enjoy a story
> that takes place in the Looniverse.

But... but... If a story is being written as an introductory text,
that means... {~twitch~}  ...no gratuitous continuity references.

But seriously.  Yeah, I can probably contribute something.

Am I correct in assuming that you'd be wanting a variety of LNH
stories (some adventurous, some 'merely' humourous, some which do
dreadful thinsg to the fourth wall...),  and perhaps concluding with
an Encyclopeadia Galactica style writeup of the Legion, which would
basically be a stripped down verson of what appears in the likes of
the FAQs and wikipedia pages?

---
Saxon Brenton
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy reference