[LNH/ACRA/WRIMO] Anal-Retentive Archive Kid: A Judicious Use Of Overkill #7

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sat Nov 20 23:38:27 PST 2010

In article <ic9vif$kms$1 at usenet-its.stanford.edu>,
Scott Eiler  <seiler at eilertech.com> wrote:
>On Nov 19, 8:52 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Anal-Retentive Archive Kid: A Judicious Use Of Overkill - part 7
>
>I'm enjoying this story.
>
>I think Anal-Retentive Archive Kid should consider just calling
>himself ARAK.  It makes as much sense as OMAC instead of One Man Army
>Corps, and it contributes a lot to ARAK's dignity.

     Except that Arak, Son of Thunder, is an actual DC Comics property.  So
referring to Anal-Retentive Archive Kid as ARAK too often could be seen as
treading too close to certain legal lines.  ARAK was, IIRC, at least partly
inspired by Arak in the naming, too.

     Dave Van Domelen, at one time had a complete run of Arak, but is pretty
sure it didn't survive the Great Divestiture of 2000.