ASH/WRIMO: Catman: Minor Arcana #3 (of 4) - Cups

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Sat Nov 20 15:35:54 PST 2010

In article <af87752e-8b7f-4de9-82c1-8cb5b88a5546 at k5g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
Scott Eiler  <seiler at eilertech.com> wrote:
>On Nov 19, 10:54 pm, dvan... at eyrie.org (Dave Van Domelen) wrote:
>>      [The cover shows Edouard and a tawny catwoman reeling back from a
>> blindingly white outline of a female.  A blurb along the bottom proclaims,
>> "The Truth About Cats And Gods!"]
>
>You have a very well-constructed universe.  I sometimes get lost with
>the
>connections between past and future, though.  In this story, I don't
>yet know
>why the Serengeti matters.  Is there a big finish coming that makes
>everything
>obvious?  (In my own story, I'm aiming for a finish like that.)

     Not necessarily "big", but a couple of catguys named Vicente and
Cristovo showed up in ASH #109 in the Serengeti, and Ahmed Zugmann is in that
neighborhood too.  The original idea for this series came from working out
the backstory for how the catpeople ended up there, and realizing it was WAY
too big to cram into ASH without cutting out all the detail.

     Dave Van Domelen, in-story it's really just important to get Edouard
somewhere that he can drop off the grid for 30 years, just happened to pick
the Serengeti for it.