SW10, HCC: September 2010 #1: The Sinking, Part 1

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 19:58:24 PDT 2010

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 19:12:08 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

> Chinese dynasties usually took two or three hundred years to go
> through a cycle.  Even looking at the shorter cycles, we're about due
> for something like World War 2.  The world has largely forgotten how
> bad things were at the time.

...honestly, I look at the wars, ethnic cleansings, terrorist attacks and
so on of the past sixty-five years, and I all I can say is "If you say so."
Things have gotten better, but it's not like there hasn't been horrible
stuff around to remind us.

That said, this has pretty much gotten off newsgroup-relevant topics, so if
y'want to continue, we should probably take it to email.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who thinks it's not part of a cycle at
all.