REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #81 - September 2010 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 16:15:22 PDT 2010

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 01:23:35 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

> [REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #81 - September 2010 [spoilers]

Man.  I thought I'd put something out that month, but that's right; I let
Just Imagine... #9 slip into October.

> Considering
> the fragmentary nature of these vignettes, and most especially the date
> from three years ago that the first episode was written compared to this
> year's date on the second, I'm strongly tempted to think that Tim may have
> decided to simply finish the plot off and then clear it from his hard
> drive.

Which would be sadface. :/

>      I'm not fully sure what to make of them.  There aren't quite as
> inchoate as say, the Honey Love Bunny stories from last year.

This disappearance was also sadmaking!

> For example, Brassica enters
> Mantis' headquarters without trouble because Mantis left the back door
> open, thereby allowing the hero to bypass the guards and traps; Mantis
> pauses in his villainous rant to worry about the proper plural of the word
> 'mantis'; or the fact that Mantis doesn't recognise Broccoli Man when
> he's disguised as Brassica even though he's only changed his name and not
> his costume.

See, this last point I completely missed.

> For example, during
> Mantis' monologue at the start there's a cut from a medium distance shot
> to a close up.  More change of viewpoints like this would help give a
> sense of dynamism, but I don't know how hard they would be to set up - nor
> how hard it would be to do other shots, such as extreme close-ups, jumping
> between left and right profile, or even overhead shots.

Yes, more of this please!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, pretty useless comments this time
around. :/