8FOLD/CONTEST: Journey Into... # 10, Cover Story

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 21:30:51 PDT 2010

On Mar 29, 11:14 pm, Phantasm <phantom_belc... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Tom, this one gets my vote for Best Drama in next year's RACCies,
> hands down.

That's very kind, thank you very much, especially considering that
most of the story was written the day before the contest deadline.  To
give some perspective, the most recent issue of JOLT CITY took me over
a year to write/rewrite/put-into-a-form-I-was-mostly-happy-with, and
the issue I'm currently working on probably won't see the light of day
until at least the summer.  So I'm pleasantly surprised and very glad
indeed that this story seems to have provoked such a positive reaction/
provided some pleasure.

> Is it too late to vote you "Most Improved" as well? This is lightyears
> ahead of what you were writing several years ago. ;)

Also very kind, thank you.  If I've gotten better at writing-- and I
think that I have-- it's because of the support and criticism I've
received over the years from RACC.  Hell, I think RACC is largely
responsible for the fact that I now act like something approximating a
human being, instead of the whiny, illiterate AOL troll-thing I once
was.

Thank you again, and it's very nice to have you back,

==Tom