SW10: January 2010 #3: Return of the She-Ra Fight Club

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Mar 26 08:31:06 PDT 2010

On Mar 26, 8:19 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 02:45:33 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
> Liked: Superhero spouse with powers and training, "New Russians - who act
> like Russia is the Wild West all over again and they're the robber barons"

This spouse dates back to my "SW91" stories.  In my world, if you hang
out with superhumans for twenty years, some of it will eventually rub
off. "New Russians" are more of a real-world phenomenon, making a
guest appearance here.

> Confused: Why'd he drop in the power item? Why do we only hear Stephen
> "off-panel", even when it's clear he's done something right next to her?

Oh, right.  I'll have to update the story to explain how (1) minor
mystic power items are so widely available since part of Serbia
disappeared into the realm of dreams, that Russian robber barons use
them as toys; (2) Stephen is the world's most powerful telepath and
was "talking" via mental projection, even as he was spending ten
minutes flying from North America to European Russia.

> Overall interesting!

Thanks for the review.   I considered not sharing until more
polishing... but if I didn't throw this stuff out before it was
perfectly ready, I'd never get it out.