SW10, CONTEST: January 2010 #4: The Ministry of Speed

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 12:45:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 01:05:54 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:

>    1. The Haste of Jesus. It's said that the Holy Mother Mary was in a
> hurry to go to Bethlehem and give birth to the Savior. I've heard that
> Mary's haste may have been a separate holy entity, similar to some
> conceptions of the Wrath of God.

Now this is interesting.  Most religiously-powered heroes (especially those
based on modern-day religions) have religious-themed powers.  Having
"normally"-powered ones is a nice touch!

> (I'm told that names like "Speed", "Quick", "Zoom", and
> "Hurrier" are unusual in English, though "Hurrier" - that is, "Eiler"
> - is a common surname in German.)

Heh heh heh.

> I asked what support she had for her ministry to speed. As with any
> ministry to addicts, no minster can do it alone. She responded, she
> was recruiting extensively, and she'd gotten one Charles Brown to join
> her staff. He was known to her patients as an expert on speed. I was
> able to take a moment to confirm, Charles Brown was at least
> affiliated with one known superhuman-mage Linus van Pelt. So her story
> was at least plausible.

...what, seriously? >->

Good story!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and that's the straight dope.