LNH/Contest: Legion of Net.Heroes Volume 2 #34

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 01:25:01 PST 2010

On Weds 24/Feb2010 Andrew replied:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:52:05 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

[...]
>>> T'was a well-told story.  I was just surprised wReamhack and Renegade
>>> Programmer didn't show up again!
>>
>> At first I thought they would, but then I started having to revise things.
>> They needed to be kept in at least the first scene to generate the proper
>> 'some is very wrong' mood without relying on into dumping, but in the end
>> they mainly had extended cameo appearances.  In retrospect I probably
>> shouldn't have named them in the character roster at the start; it raises
>> expectations.
>
> I would've just had them show up in the last scene.  Maybe have OK explain
> red chocolate to them.

-blinks-  Yes, that's so obvious.  I should have thought of that.

>> And now in the ineviatble discussion thread, I'll reveal another throwaway
>> reference that got cut: about how during the Infinite Leadership Crisis
>> the demon that Occultism Kid uses as a door warden got called up to lead
>> the Legion for a day, and knowing that it would vanish at midnight locked
>> OKid's room by putting it out of phase in an other-dimensional moebius strip
>> - so that when Mynabird's army of net.villains ransacked Legion headquarters
>> they didn't get into OKid's room because it literally wasn't in the building
>> at the time.  (As you say:  Yay.  World building)
>
> Wooooo!  (Wait, he's actually a member of the LNH?)

Not in the slightest.  I honestly doubt if the door warden even counts as
'support staff'.  But it amuses me to think that by the end of the ILC the
Legion had gone through *everybody* who works in the LNH-HQ, including hirelings
and minions.

(Although the Intangible Legion members probably got overlooked again.)

---
Saxon Brenton