REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #77 - May 2010 [spoilers]

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 20:48:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:20:21 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of non-alphanumeric characters. ``

> Nevertheless,
> when I got to the part where Contraption Man sat down and had a talk with
> Ripping Dancer, it sent tingles up my spine with the depiction of someone
> who was (still) all messed up inside as a result of going through Retcon
> Hour the first time, but wasn't incapacitated by it.  Instead Contraption
> Man was using it as a negative motivation - something to steer away from.
> It was such a simple thing, but in the light of Contraption Man's past
> history and the way most other characters are currently falling victim
> to the apathetic depair of the beige effect, it was a lovely thing to see.

*Yes*.  This was a great moment.  Having someone turn around and talk about
how they overcame their angsty situtation, using it to steer their own
destiny - that was great, and really needs to be in comics more often. <3

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, bananas