8Fold: My Father's Son #1

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 08:21:18 PDT 2010

On Jun 16, 7:55 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't know. I figured "black cape" meant his father was a villain.

Yep; Saxon suggested the terms "black cape" or "black mask" be used
for supervillains, especially since most superheroes in the Eightfold
Universe are identified with the term "four-colour".  I liked it so
much that I made a last minute change to the third part of JOLT CITY #
19 and replaced the unwieldy phrase "costumed super-powered criminals"
with "black masks": much more evocative, I think.

==Tom, should probably first-app a Doc-Class, union-clad Eightfold
Jargon FAQ while he's at it.