REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #76 - April 2010 [spoilers]

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Tue Jun 1 10:43:09 PDT 2010

On May 30, 6:23 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 03:58:18 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:
>
> > SW10: The Opposites
>
> <snip>
>
> > Personally I keep envisioning him as Lobo the Duck - the Amalgam Comics
> > combination of Lobo and Howard the Duck - but that's probably just me.
>
> No, I'd say it's about the same here!

Actually, I felt the same way when I came up with a story wherein
Psychovant required a gun.  But I really wanted to use The Elf With A
Gun.

> >      However the merger of Psychovant and Saint Cecilia - so as to
> > synthesise and reinforce their dualities so as to face off against the
> > Ultimate Darkness - and then having that synthesis take the form of an
> > acoustic guitar, was surreal.
>
> An acoustic guitar with wings! (And a big mouth?)
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, I think a mouth.

Yep.  The aperture is on the front of the guitar, so it's a standard
mouth.  Though knowing Psychovant, I'll have to consider placing it
differently now.

I sometimes take "surreal" for granted.  But I've revised the story to
try to resolve the "WTF" elements, at http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/opposites.htm
.  Thanks for the reviews.