No subject

Thu Jul 8 06:00:04 PDT 2010

their way in to the Catacombs to see the Wooden Man. Go figure.

The World Journal Monthly didn't mention, there is a Doom Creature for
every continent. Superheroes killed North America's Doom Creature in
1991. I'd guess if Australia's Doom Koala is talking to the Wooden Man
as a peer, North America finally has a replacement Doom Creature.

As for doom, I've head some rumors of crop failures...

---

Author's Notes:  No, this is not the long-awaited new story about what
happens in Superhuman World 2010 when it starts freezing.  So far I've
avoided writing that story, because I'm waiting to figure the way
forward from it.  But yeah, it's going to happen.

Today's story also does not respond to any challenges.  I'm settling
my personal life now, and  hope to catch up with story challenges
eventually.  I'm two challenges behind now. The "freezing" story will
actually address the old "Deathtrap" challenge.

I'm wide open to comments about The Return of the Wooden Man.  I
plugged him in here because it was convenient, and because having a
stupid lumbering ancient monster wandering around the Yucatan
Peninsula is a stereotype best avoided.  Whatever else he is, the
Wooden Man is not stupid.

This story can be found on the Web at http://www.eilertech.com/stories/2010/newlook.htm
.  But I've included practically all of it here.

(signed) Scott Eiler, 26 August 2010.