REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #78 - June 2010 [spoilers]

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 19:16:49 PDT 2010

Oh, I nearly forgot...

>      And then there's Dr Tarif.  WTF!?  Does she read comics as well?
> Or does she just read *everything* and retain it all with near-eidetic
> memory?

I'm not sure if the good doctor would be an active fan of fictional
superhero comics, especially considering how she lives in a universe
populated by "real" four-colour heroes.  But being that she knew the
various Captain Marvel characters and publisher names, comics probably
figured as one of her many points of interest at some point.

I'm also unsure if she has eidetic memory-- she probably has a pretty
good one to be able to do the whole super-genius inventor thing that
will lead to her Nobel-winning invention of the perpetual motion
machine (as mentioned in the Grey Gelding story)-- but I don't think
it's a stretch to say that she might remember how the Fawcett Marvel
Family's powers worked even if she hadn't touched a comic since she
was a teenager; I don't have anything that approaches an eidetic
memory, but sometimes a little lightbulb will go off in my head and
out will come some fact I haven't thought of in ten or fifteen years
that proves useful in a given situation.

There's also the possibility, of course, that since they were trying
to figure out how the powers worked, and since Derek offered Marvel as
a solution, that the two things just clicked in her head and out came
that little bit of information-- so it wasn't completely out of the
blue, as it were.

==Tom