META/PRECOGS: Something to Think About

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 30 18:25:46 PST 2010

I understand where you're coming from, Andrew.  In fact, I would argue
that the superhero genre itself (as opposed to the Bronze Age/Post-
modern anti-superhero genre) is about people making a difference, with
or without powers.  Not dominating, but inspiring and discovering--
it's why I think it's a primarily optimistic genre.

(Which doesn't mean that the genre can't deal with unintended
consequences or dark material-- darkness deepens and inspires.  But
there's a world of difference between optimism and knee-jerk
adolescent cynicism.)

==Tom, an optimist.