META/PRECOGS: Something to Think About

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 29 18:00:51 PST 2010

On Jan 30, 5:17 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> In a Silver Age sort of feel, the heroes are defensive forces,
> sustainers of society.  In a Bronze Age sort of feel, the heroes are
> destructive forces, taking apart that which is corrupt, breaking it
> down so it can be rebuilt.
>
> But in a Golden Age sort of feel, the heroes are creative forces.
> They go out, they explore, they change things, they make a new status
> quo.
>
> And what if there was a universe where that feel was the guiding
> aspect?

Wasn't the Authority like that?  And the Squadron Supreme? I didn't
read either of those because I've been in Asia for so long and I
haven't had access to any comics but the idea of heroes "changing
things" and "making a new status quo" is scary if you take it
seriously: they basically would use their powers to exert authority
over others.  It isn't a good thing.

Martin