8FOLD/CONTEST: Journey Into... # 9: Bitter Beans

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Jan 22 07:34:58 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 1:14 am, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Today. 1580.
>    ... Maybe this crazy luck will carry him back to
> Spain.  Maybe he will see his wife again.  Maybe she will drink
> xocolatl and she will smile despite its bitter taste.

I'd guess Jimeno makes it back to Spain, and warns the good Spaniards
away from this crazy continent full of hardwired aliens.  That would
actually explain why Spanish colonization of Mexico fell way off after
1580.  Too bad the aliens only show up once every 400 years or so...

... or whatever.  8{D>