META: Annoying nul character problem maybe fixed

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:40:29 PST 2010

On Weds 30/Dec/2009 Andrew replied to Russ:
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 04:23:25 +0000 (UTC), Russ Allbery wrote:
>> Andrew Perron <pwerdna at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Innnnnnnnteresting. Any reason why it seemed to only affect certain
>>> people?
>>
>> Yeah, it was a bug in undoing quoted-printable continuation lines, which
>> only some news posting software creates (and which also only happen with
>> lines longer than 72 characters).
>
> Ahhhhhh. I use 40tude Dialog; it's useful and free!
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, what about you guys?

I haven't posted directly to the newsgroups in years, instead using the mail=>

news interface via hotmail or occasionally my work email.  That said, the point

about the 72 characters is interesting; I have always tried to keep my line

lengths to about 75, so it wouldn't have been too hard to trim them down just

a little bit more for safety's sake, had I known about the problem.  Oh well.

---

Saxon Brenton