[RACCies] 2009 Second Nomination Ballot

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at eyrie.org
Fri Jan 1 13:02:06 PST 2010

     Here's the ASH Eligibles:

>RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:

     Saxon Brenton
     Dave Van Domelen

>RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
>As advertised, not as released:

     ASH (#96-102)
     Coherent Super Stories (#16-18)
     Time Capsules (#12)

>RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
>12 issues or less, including one-shots:

     A Singular Fire (one-shot)

>RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC:
>Any multi-issue storyline that is *not* RACC3 (include issue numbers, if
>known):

     Billions Served (ASH #93-96, only #96 published in 2009)
     Rising Sun (ASH #97-100)
     Rival Schools (ASH #101-102 in 2009, arc incomplete so might not
          be eligible)

>RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE (include a short blurb that identifies the
>issue):

     All listed above.

>RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
>RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:
>RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
>RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:

     Way too many to list.  http://ash.wikidot.com would be a place to start,
though.  For favorite new character I'm partial to Jack Ripley, though.  :)

>RACC10.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:
>Series, miniseries, or one-shots across all imprints:

     Time Capsules #12 is probably as close as we're gonna get.

>RACC11.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:
>Ditto, but serious:

     While there's some cussin' and sexual references, I don't think I'd
really call anything from ASH in 2009 an Adult Offering.

>RACC12.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:

     While I was once tempted to have Derek Radner do a review in-character,
there are no ASH-specific review titles.

>RACC13.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:

     ASH

>RACC14.  FAVORITE PERSON WHO HANGS OUT ON RACC:

     Saxon Brenton
     Andrew Burton
     Mike Escutia
     Tony Pi
     John "Uplink" Scheibeler
     Dave Van Domelen

     (All are involved in ASH and RACC in some way, even if they haven't
written anything in 2009.)

>RACC19.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:
>Same as RACC2, but issue #1 must have been on or after January 1st, 2009:

     No new ongoing titles.

>THE RABBIT-BREEDER'S CUP:
>Awarded to the most prolific writer in this or *any* amateur fiction forum.
>We're measuring volume, folks!:

     ASH #100 alone probably qualifies me....

>THE JOHNNY SOKKO "COME BACK, GIANT ROBOT, COME BACK" LOVING CUP:
>For the RACC Writer that is most sorely missed:

     Andrew Burton
     Tony Pi
     Matt Rossi III

>THE IMAGE TESTIMONIAL TIMEPIECE (BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED):
>For that author whose works are most consistently late:

     Matt Rossi III (well, still waiting on his contribution to Pyramid
Scheme.  That's what, a decade late?  :) )

>THE "SPIDER SPINS!" LITTLE LULU WEB PAGE AWARD:
>For our favorite RACC-related web page:

     http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/ASH - Main ASH page
     http://ash.wikidot.com - ASH Wiki

     Dave Van Domelen, notes that while only seven issue of ASH came out in
2009, one of them was quadruple-sized.