8FOLD/RACCIES: Eightfold Eligibles for 2009

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 12:09:11 PST 2010

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 18:54:18 +0000 (UTC), Tom Russell wrote:

> Been another slow year for Eightfold, and it would've been even less
> productive if it weren't for the High Concept contests.

I've been trying to come up with an idea which would fit in Eightfold (at
least a one-shot!), but nothin' so far.

> This story, along with all the other KINKY and DOOMED ROMANCE stories,
> is collected in my book SEVEN ROMANCES, which retails at Amazon.com
> for ten bucks.

Yay publishing! (Reminds me, I was gonna get the Jolt City collection with
my gift card.

> JOURNEY INTO... # 6, "High Concept Drifter": a super-powered western
> story answering the double-barrel high concept hi-jinks of Saxon
> Brenton (super-powered dad worried about super-powered offspring) and
> Andrew Burton (elevated animals).  I like this one a lot-- it's
> uncharacteristically taut for me, so people who are turned off by my
> adoration for semicolons, parentheticals, and digressions might find a
> lot to love here.

Indeed!  It didn't really seem like quite the same style.  Very good!

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, fully in-head enjoyable.