[RACCies] Prehistoric Productions 2009 Eligibles

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 11:37:21 PST 2010

Woo!  I was actually super-productive this year! (For me, at least.) In
2010, I'm looking forward to expanding into other imprints and entering the
beginning stages of Plan Aleph-Null.  In the meantime, here's what I'm up
for for each award in 2009:

RACC1.  FAVORITE WRITER:

Andrew Perron!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

RACC2.  FAVORITE ONGOING SERIES:
As advertised, not as released:

Digital JUMP! put out an issue in 2009, so you could go for that?

RACC3.  FAVORITE MINI-SERIES:
12 issues or less, including one-shots:

Just Imagine Saxon Brenton vs. Andrew Perron in the Return of the RACCies!
(Cascades are mini-series, right?) The next issue should be out in January,
BTW.

RACC4.  FAVORITE ARC:
Any multi-issue storyline that is *not* RACC3 (include issue numbers, if
known):

...not sure if *anything* I've done this year could really be considered an
"arc".

RACC5.  FAVORITE SINGLE ISSUE (include a short blurb that identifies the
issue):

Digital JUMP! #12
Just Imagine Saxon Brenton's RACCies #1-3 and 5 (Saxon did #4)
LNH v2 #30 and 32
Lalo asked if he could nominate the 2008 RACCies ceremony for something, so
I suppose there's that...

RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:

Neither Pointless Awards Man IV/Manga Man Violet or Bluetooth were created
by me, but I've been writing them a lot lately and they're certainly
eligible for this award.  (For that matter, the Red Herring is too, even if
Saxon writes him better than I do, and Kieran O' Callaghan was better than
either of us!)

Characters I *did* create who are eligible include:
Kid Enthusiastic
Casey von Aluminumfoil
Shining Tungsten Magister (Malachite Wendigo)
Crimson @venger (Carmine Aurum)
...and if you wanted, you could probably put Dualist Lad in here?

RACC7.  FAVORITE VILLAIN/ANTAGONIST:

The Continuity Zombies from Just Imagine IV would probably count as a
group.
Also, Syllogist from LNH v2 #32.
And the Respirists from Digital JUMP! #12.
Oh!  And Phoenix Down, but he didn't do much.
Oh oh!  And the Interim Iconoclasts, also from Just Imagine IV.  Man, I
have to get them back in the story.

RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:

The most likely candidates are:
Kid Borlaug
Hi-Fi Lorelai
Blasferatu
Police Chief Trouser

You could put Alan Farthing, Tony the Informant or Casey's family in there
if you wanted.

RACC9.  FAVORITE NEW CHARACTER:

Oh, heck.  All of those supporting characters and most of the villains!

RACC10.  FAVORITE PARODY/COMEDY:
Series, miniseries, or one-shots across all imprints:

Everything I've ever written.  Jeez, need to branch out a bit.

RACC11.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:
Ditto, but serious:

...yeah

RACC12.  FAVORITE REVIEW TITLE:

Kid Review!  Woooooo!

RACC13.  FAVORITE STORY UNIVERSE:

Just the LNH, I'm afraid.  You should probably vote for ASH, they've been
putting out good stuff lately.

<skipping 14-18 here>

RACC19.  FAVORITE NEW TITLE:
Same as RACC2, but issue #1 must have been on or after January 1st, 2009:

Just Imagine IV fits here, too.

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, now nom!  Nom nom nom!