SW10: The Last Chocolate Crop

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Sun Feb 21 11:49:24 PST 2010

On Feb 20, 11:03 pm, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 19:05:33 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
> > On Feb 20, 1:32 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 01:46:57 +0000 (UTC), Scott Eiler wrote:
>
> >> Nice!  Far more narratively complete than a lot of your earlier stuff, with
> >> some good crunchy detail.  Only complaint: The ending felt a bit abrupt.
>
> > Thanks!  Sorry about the ending; Adu was tired and so was I.
>
> That's fair.

Hmm, I could maybe give Adu a bit more trouble getting recognized when
he needs help.

> >> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, and some good future plot hooks!
>
> > Everything's a plot hook in my world, but I was actually trying to
> > hang something on a previous hook.  I've used this main character for
> > several years now, but until now I haven't considered his powers or
> > their origin.  Now I should really consider his costume, so I can make
> > a cover for the story.
>
> Ooh, neat.  He did feel more realized.
>
> Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, who has no idea how to do a
> non-offensive African tribal costume.

Indeed.  Early research indicates, "thong" would be a better word than
"costume".  I figure the only way out is to use an actual photo for
the cover:  either a statue of an African warrior, or an age-
progressed picture of an African prince.