LNHY: Never Asked Questions about LNHY (updated)

Scott Eiler seiler at eilertech.com
Fri Dec 31 11:19:28 PST 2010

On Dec 31, 7:48 am, Andrew Perron <pwer... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:21:56 +0000 (UTC), Arthur Spitzer wrote:
> > Don't get me wrong, I like Usenet... obviously it still has a purpose to
> > serve... as for total Usenet numbers I don't know.  I'm just looking at
> > the rac hierarchy numbers and those are very low compared to the late
> > 1990s...
>
> (Huh, didn't see this one before.)
>
> That's definitely true.  I'm basing this off graphs of total Usenet usage
> I've seen.  I wonder what's making some grow and not others?  Is it just
> the *.binaries groups?

I'd guess most of the growth is spam.  Most of the groups I used to
post to look like post-apocalyptic junkyards now.

In r.a.c.dc.universe and four other groups there's a discussion on the
Fate of Usenet, including speculation on who's still around and where
we post from.  http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.comics.dc.universe/browse_thread/thread/fecb87347a529e5a/