RACCIES: Points To Be Made, Questions To Vote On!

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 22 17:28:52 PST 2010

On 12/22/10 11:38 AM, EDMLite wrote:
> On Dec 20, 6:04 pm, Arthur Spitzer<arspit... at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>> I suppose in order to get at least a minimum of nomination and voting
>> ballots next time we could extend the vote a few times till we got like
>> 4 nomination ballots and five voting ballots... maybe...
>
> What about placing the Hall of Fame on the RACCies ballot, but
> adding a rule that says someone can only be admitted to the
> Hall of Fame if they receive at least 60 percent of the vote?

Hmm.  Looking over the previous votes... none of the winners even
managed to get over 50% of the vote much less 60... I think
it would be very hard perhaps impossible...

In the baseball hall of fame they do it by having people select 10 names
on a ballot... and if 75% of the ballots have the same name... that name
gets in... the players don't compete against other...

But really I think the only problem with last time was the lack of
votes... making the hall of fame every three years might perhaps make
the whole thing a little more special than something on the RACCie
ballot every year...

> That way, there would probably be nominees every year, but new
> admissions only once in a while... when there was an overwhelming
> consensus that this person, story or title deserved to be honored.
>
> Just a thought...
>
> --Easily-Discovered Man Lite
> --Is doing his part to deck the Hall

Arthur "Another chip on the hall" Spitzer