RACCIES: Points To Be Made, Questions To Vote On!

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:29:57 PST 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 07:07:41 +0000 (UTC), Saxon Brenton wrote:

> On the subject of Hall of Fame...  I've always felt ambivalent
> towards it.  The idea is nice in theory, but I feel that it tends
> to be a rehash of the same things each year.  I'm not sure how to
> handle that: whether to make it once every 2, 3 or even 5 years
> (although the latter assumes a *very* long term life span for
> RACC - touch wood);  or limit the nominees for one year from among
> things that *haven't* been Hall of Fame winners before, or...
> well, I dunno.

I think "once every three years" is going to be about right. (And I don't
think assuming a long-term lifespan for RACC is especially inaccurate;
we've kept things pretty stable so far, and it looks like we're currently
on the upswing of the cycle.)

And limiting it to things that haven't won the Hall of Fame before...
weren't we already doing that? >.>

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, long runners!