[MISC] GODLING # 19: The Battle for New Troy

Andrew Perron pwerdna at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 19:08:20 PST 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 21:53:07 +0000 (UTC), jvdsteen wrote:

> RACC'S FAVORITE PROTAGONIST â€" GODLING â€" THE ONE MAN PANTHEON
>                        THE BATTLE FOR NEW TROY

Looks like you've been having the same weird-non-ASCII characters; do you
compose in Word? (I'll just edit them out of the rest of this, best as I
can guess at.)

> "In the future where I
> come he's been defeated, but the Godling in black over there is from a
> time where Master Destiny is the ruler of Earth."

Interesting.  Are they from alternate timelines, or just different points
on the same timeline?

> "Lord Chronomancer?"
> "I guess you'll meet him in a few years or so. Can't tell you too much
> though, there's too many theories that say knowing too much about your
> future might be bad for the stability of the timestream."
> "So I'm better off asking the Oracle of Delphi about my future?"
> "Come on, Me. Think about it, do you really want to know what happens
> next? Doesn't that take away all the fun out of living?"
> "I guess you're right," Our Godling says.

See, this is how you make use of a Discredited Trope; bring it up, bring up
the obvious objection, segue to a more effective justification, and resolve
it.  Efficient and effective.

> A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR:
> The last couple of issues have been written in the present tense, with
> short scenes and a low word count. This way I hope to give you the
> feeling you'e reading a fast-paced comic book. Also, it makes it
> easier to read it online. A nice fast read you can read as soon as
> it's posted, giving you as much bang as I can for every word. Does it
> work?

I would say yes.  As I said in my review of #18, it's fast-paced,
entertaining, and easy to get into.

> I am however, thinking about upping the word count a bit so I can put
> a little more in a single issue. This way the story can go a bit
> deeper and I can put out some selfcontained issue. What do you think?
> Should I go back to the format of the first few issues? Or should I
> keep putting out the stories in this format and maybe add some Godling
> Limited Series and Specials to add a few extra layers to the story?
> Let me know what you guys think!

I wouldn't mind seeing you try it, at least.  Perhaps change up the format
depending on the subject matter?

Andrew "NO .SIG MAN" "Juan" Perron, whooshplosion!